The work we’re doing at the Musician Treatment Foundation is helping musicians stay healthy and able to play for the commuity (not to mention pay their bills). We couldn’t be more excited about providing this service to such deserving people, and we are eternally grateful to each and every person who has contributed to our cause.
The best part is, we’re not stopping here. We plan to extend our services across the globe and connect physicians with musicians in every country where music is played. Our mission also includes educating musicians on how best to protect themselves from injury, and spreading public awareness about the unique health issues faced by musicians by sharing new research data and outcomes. We believe that, through these methods, we can make a real difference in the lives of musicians and everyone who has music in their life. To learn more about our mission, our 5 initiatives are listed below:
1. TREAT the shoulder, elbow, and hand problems of under- and uninsured professional musicians.
2. CREATE the first cloud-based platform to allow state-of-the-art remote preoperative, postoperative, and non-operative continuity of care.
3. BUILD the first physician-surgeon network and musician registry dedicated to facilitating care across the world.
4. EDUCATE musicians, both amateur and professional, on preventative techniques that will minimize or prevent musician-specific injuries.
5. SHARE new research and outcomes data with the world to illuminate the unique diagnostic and treatment issues facing all musicians.
We’ve come so far already, and plan to use this momentum to continue helping musicians for years to come – but that can’t happen without you! We’re lucky to live in the “Live Music Capital of the World” and we’re sure that everyone in Austin would love to keep it that way! If you’d like to help us #KeepTheMusicPlaying, you can do so in a few ways:
The quickest way you can make an immediate impact is through a donation. All donations go towards providing orthopedic care for needful under-insured musicians. You learn more about the positive impact we’ve had on the lives of professional musicians through musician spotlights on our blog.
Another great way to make an impact is to simply support local musicians! Whether that’s through buying tickets to their shows or purchasing merchandise, supporting local musicians both allows them to continue doing what they love while providing for themselves and their families.
Volunteering is an amazing way to give back to the musician community here in Austin. If you’d like to volunteer with MTF, feel free to contact us – we’d love your help!